Do you remember your "first time"?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This thread is a great reminder of names from the past. The one that springs to mind who I saw involved in some spats was a fellow called Nitro. I joined because by random chance I came across the GemsTV section. In those days it was very active and very informative. I first posted on a lengthy and interesting thread on Paraiba Tourmaline and I particularly recall Paraiba Princess posting in those days.

I recall one lady who posted very regularly and eventually fell out with Graham and even her name was banned from the forum after that!

I joined this forum after a few weeks of lurking. I found the posts interesting and had information on QVC products.
I used to watch QVC a lot and I found any information helpful:happy:
I did not like some of the comments about the QVC presenters. I am not keen on some of them myself, but some comments here were not very nice. I thought Julia Roberts got a lot of stick, and I like her, please do not call me a fan of Julia, because I do not idolise any of them, I just think they are doing a job, and I think some of them do it better than others. So I think my first post was in supporting her...I think this was my first post:

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?30913-Julia-Roberts&highlight=
I remember I was a bit nervous in joining that instead of naming myself "daredtodiffer" I called myself "caredtodiffer" but then I thought that too was not too bad:giggle: because it was because I cared that I posted defending JR.

I myself have since criticised a few of them on their selling techs ie finger wagging , not giving sizes, being potty ..
but only so that they will improve.
There is only one person on QVC that I cannot find anything good to say and that is JF, much as I try. If she stops saying " I have only...for you" "You know how much I like" " I adore" " I only use this" and try to give us fashion ideas, as if she is an expert every time she is on I might even tolerate her.
Coming back to the thread
I find that you all are individuals, so far I have not found anyone that I don't like, but like everything, there are one or two of you I like more:happy: I like reading all your stories. I like people:mysmilie_480:, but I don't like cruel ones:mysmilie_468:
I hope I don't annoy anyone of you, if I do or did, please accept my apology :bear:

It amazes me the lengths some people will go to on forums or chat rooms. I`ve seen people create whole new personnas for themselves and what`s the scariest is they actually believe themselves. Sooner or later they slip up though. The more they post the more they have to remember and there`s always some eagle eyed person who picks up on mistakes or contradictions. Believe it or not I`ve actually seen someone fake their own death and the sick woman got someone else to post that she`d died. I`ve also seen people lie about anything or everything, from being single when they`re actually married, being married when they`re actually single, having sick kids, sick family, doing high powered jobs like being an airline pilot, sending out false photos and pretending to be young/old or seriously ill. Human nature is a funny thing and as much as the internet is a good thing it also seems to bring out the worst in some people.

I knew someone like that, she made everyone, even the people at Occupational Health that she was dying from breast cancer :eek: Even I , who was genuinely ill, ended up consoling her , because I had come into contact with her and one day found her crying outside the Occupational Health building. She was in National papers, sometime ago, she even convinced her boyfriend into marrying her:wonder: He thought she was dying too. I just cannot think how anyone can con people like that:whew:
We all felt sorry for her and I think there was a collection. I still remember feeling so sad for her:doh:
Even to this day I just cannot understand how Occy Health was duped:talking: and everyone else:mysmilie_506:

This thread is a great reminder of names from the past. The one that springs to mind who I saw involved in some spats was a fellow called Nitro. I joined because by random chance I came across the GemsTV section. In those days it was very active and very informative. I first posted on a lengthy and interesting thread on Paraiba Tourmaline and I particularly recall Paraiba Princess posting in those days.
Paraiba Princess was a gorgeous funny girl/lady who was a nurse and eventually drifted away when she fell in lurrve. I wonder how she is now and whether she is living happily ever after with her man, I do hope so.
I recall one lady who posted very regularly and eventually fell out with Graham and even her name was banned from the forum after that!
Jools. I couldn't stand the b*tch.

Sadly, I can't remember my first post. I found the forum when a certain Tim Goodwin mentioned it on air!. I did lurk for a while before posting.

I do remember a Helena, but I thought she was the Isle of Skye lol, but claimed to know a about beauty products.

I don't post much as I don't buy anything from QVC these days. Much prefer Amazon etc, and the dreaded High Street.

Great list TF. I can add a few more...Petrescue, AD (had a fetish for Lock n Lock :grin:), Hampton (formerly Blondie), GemsQueenAngel, Mad GrannySue, Arjay, Sue, Gordon and Graham (the Scottish one).

I remember those names too. And the lovely Clemenzia. RIP Gordon xx

Bargain Bev & Lynda disappeared too,both lovely ladies & from the very early days of ST does anyone remember Kylie Unlikely?

Mad Granny Sue was a fabulous lady who I used to email but when she disappeared from here my emails went unanswered.

AD is living in London & is on Facebook.

Well I joined in October 2009 (after lurking for ages) to publicly say thankyou Just Beauty Direct for an order I'd just received. After that I went very quiet for a few months and then piped up again in April the next year to have a jolly good moan about some Richard Jackson plants.
I love it here and regularly laugh out loud at some of the comments posted. I don't personally deal well with confrontation and do perhaps steer away from anything that starts getting too heated.
I see the forum as being rather like the House of Commons with Sazza as the "Speaker" who occasionally shouts "order" to pull us all back into line. Some have lots to contribute and then there are others of us dozing quietly in the corner occasionally waking up to mutter something before dropping back off to sleep again.
There's a place for everyone and I dare say a psychologist would have a field day with us all! :grin:

My first post was like a schoolgirls, a big 'ohmygod-ican'tbelievei'vefoundyou' gushing one and I got loads of hi's, which was lovely. Reading all the old names, brings it all back, such good pals, this is such a fab thread. I got very pally with Stewpot, I know he didn't have many fans but I found him ok and Trekker and I realised we knew the same people having worked at the same cinema at different years, thats was an amazing revelation and we met up with a fellow work friend. A special moment.

Can't remember what year I joined but my nearly 17y/o dd was a toddler!

My first post was not very polite no hi or bye but in full rant because Q refused to give me £10 discount (code) of liz earle TSV because it was on promotion, anyway after some lovely polite posts (unlike mine) I was told to ring them and I was refunded.I would not have tackled them if it were not for the advice from people on here...Thanks again

My 'first time' was a Sunday afternoon and I needed a glass of dutch courage before I clicked 'submit' and then was all of a dither in case nobody responded. :giggle:

I had discovered Gems TV on the internet (couldn't get it on Virgin) and a little later I found this forum .. no idea how. I was thrilled to see there were other people who loved pretty, sparkly gemstones as much as me. I lurked for ages before finally taking the plunge; I think I probably asked a question or for some advice and was amazed at the number of people who took the time to reply. I was hooked! The Gems section of the forum was always buzzing and it was the first place I went to when I signed in. I loved reading everyone's reviews and looking at their photos and I also learnt such a lot.

I remember Paraiba Princess buying a very pretty tension set ring and then buying the same ring every time it became available with a different gemstone .... she must've had at least ten of them, possibly even more. I was miffed because Gems' rings only came in a size N at the time and this design couldn't be resized so I never got my little mitts on one. Diamond Lyn, who joined later, was a lovely, generous lady who is memorable for her very entertaining and smilie littered posts. Sazza and SCW were brilliant at finding the item numbers of new designs and Steve Ashton was was very generous with his discount codes so between us we spent a small fortune. Happy days!

I also remember being desperate to get my post count up to the required number to gain admission to The Drop. It was great fun with lots of laughs, a fair bit of naughtiness (usually started by Snoopy lol) and quite a few rows resulting in people leaving or being banned.

Thank you BB for starting this thread and bringing back lots of memories. I hope all former FM's are well and happy wherever they are now.

My first post was years ago, might have been 2007ish. I'd been searching for complaints about Ideal World and it brought this forum up. I think I'd placed an order with them that hadn't shown up and needed a refund. I got lots of help from some lovely folks and then just sort of stuck around after finding I really liked it. I love coming on here and reading what people have to say, good or bad and it's a good source of company and entertainment for me when life, as it frequently does, kicks me in the nuts. So thanks to everyone who has come and gone in those years and long may the good company and laughs continue!

I remember my first time. It was under a different name and I was praised for holding my own against you lot arguing with me ;)

P.S it was a rant about Ali Young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I joined a good while ago & just dipped in & out for a long time, but I work termtime & was up in my caravan most of the summer & found myself reading the forum everyday, so when I came home, I went on my laptop & recovered my password & decided to start posting.. I cant rem my first post, but rem reading a post about No!No! & a comment by BB had me laughing til I cried! Still have a wee chuckle about it when I see No!No! on air! I really enjoy reading all your posts negative or positive x

Well strangely enough I think my first post was also titled Do You Remember Your First Time! It was asking forum members if they could remember what their first ever QVC purchase was. I was quite nervous that no-one would reply but had a great response and a lot of laughs remembering some of the old tat we'd bought. Can't remember when I joined but it was years ago cos I remember ALL of the FMs mentioned in above posts, really takes me back! I also remember Sallyforth who was very clever and Brunette who was very beautiful, both lovely ladies.

What was your first ever post on ST.com?

I can't remember mine, I wish I could. We've had about 3 database rebuilds since then aswell. I do know that I didn't mess about lurking, as soon as I found the site I was signed up and got stuck in.

There was a lot of FM fighting back then!

There was indeed

Those were the days Burlz mystryn,blondie, snoopy et al

Latest posts

Back