It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

oh no, how are you managing? have you got any alternate heating / cooking source? Hope it's soon sorted out.

That's awful. Hope you have alternative heat source. How soon have they said before they can repair it?

In one room we have a log burning stove and an open fire in the other, we ended up burning them both and even managed to cook bacon on a baking tray on the open fire, no fun ,cold , hungry etc. but the worst was the lack of telephones, as all had died

Thankfully we have electricity today so Im enjoying my beloved Tassimo latte, will indulge in a hot bath and then get stuck into cooking a roast duck lunch :)

Was the phone problem due to cordless not having an electrical connection or due to the phone lines? After a couple of electric power cuts last year, I bought a cheap plug in phone to use in a similar situation. Not that about it prior to the power cut.

even more overnight here! Think we've had more this time than we did last time - I doubt I'll be getting out anywhere this coming week by the look of it. But at least we have warmth and phone - hope things soon improve for you Jabba and everyone else suffering in the same way. Have always said I'd like to hibernate on Dec 27th and wake up at the end of March and I've not changed my mind!

Was the phone problem due to cordless not having an electrical connection or due to the phone lines? After a couple of electric power cuts last year, I bought a cheap plug in phone to use in a similar situation. Not that about it prior to the power cut.

I should think the phone lines as so many thousands were down and even the NI 999 calls were having to be diverted over here to Scotland as the lines for them were down in NI.

Think we'd better change the title of this thread to "Beginning to look a lot like Easter" unfortunately.

Although you never know with this country - it could 70 degrees next weekend!!

Oh you poor snowed-in things!! I hate the ****** snow but we've been very lucky in London cos although it snowed a bit yesterday it didn't really lay and soon melted. I feel really sorry for the people in Cornwall and other places that have been flooded again and I couldn't stop thinking about that poor woman who was swept away and died when her house in Looe was hit by a landslip. Jabba I hope things are more comfortable for you now hon. This poxy weather can just feck off!! :angry:

view from BusyMum towers this morning - OH far left clearing!

SAM_0164_zpsa65a1a1e.jpg
[/IMG]

Just seen the farming forecast for the week :eek:

Staying bliddy cold and possibility of significant snowfall Good Friday as mild meets cold!

Who'd want to live anywhere else lol!

The tiny house you can see between the fir tree and telegraph pole is my sister's in North Wales today. Fortunately, my niece lives in the cottage on the left and has been able to dig a path from the gate to their front door. She's resigned to captivity for a while yet!

AampSMarch2013_zpsd61cbadb.jpg

Four and a half foot in our garden and driveway

No electric from yesterday check out my FB page

Thats unbelievable, hope you have power back on now?

We dont have any snow here but it has been very windy and freezing cold

My son is an electrical engineer and has been away working
on the west coast of scotland since Friday night
and they will be away for another few days yet trying to restore power to
those who still dont have it.

Have sent you a FB friends request

It's ****** cold here I can tell you - our boiler packed up last night! My two have gone off to work and I'm in here freezing! Trying to get hold of someone who can come and sort it QUICKLY!

Edit - just had a call from OH, managed to contact a mate of his who's coming to see us this afternoon - thank God!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back