Presenters on the shopping channel merry-go-round

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

After reading that article about her tweets, maybe its affected my opinions of her. I just cannot swallow this little girl lost routine. Clearly she has been around and if she was doing presenting for bid, she knows full well what its all about.

I just wonder how the interview went. Did qvc say 'ok, so we know you were employed by sit up, so we know you can sell till the cows come home. Do you tweet at all?' I expected better from qvc. In the last hour she was practically drooling over Glen. Please tell me she wont be down to do the L'Artisan show!

Iv just been looking on wikipedia. I could not believe how many presenters on QVc have also been on the other shopping channels before they did QVC. Chloe everton came up a few times, think on the list of ex Jewellery channel or was it Bid. Simon Biagai had done either bid or Ideal, Debbie Flint as we know has done Ideal and Bid!! Carmel Thomas had done Bid!!! did anyone know that? I just dont get why QVC choose a presenter who has been on these channels, I mean they may have experience of shopping tv but is working on Bid, the type of thing QVC would want? Im amazed at the number of them that just spend their life moving from one to another, Their brains must be like sponge, awash with item numbers and prices and phone numbers! I would never have guessed the shrinking violet that is Carmel had done the shouting over on the auction channels.

Our newest Chloe has done Bid. Seems QVC want pushy presenters from either Ideal or Jewellery channel or Bid. If you just look at the presenters list on wikipedia for the channels and then scroll doen to presenetsr, it also lists ex presenters, Im sure, like me you will be very surprised at the lists. As someone who did not watch Bid or TJC till recently, I wasnt aware of this. Iv only scratheched the surface, so many more on the shopping channel Merry go round.

I don't find Chloe pushy. BID is pushy,but thats the nature of the channel. I think she's good..and cute as well.She's direct and at least sounds like she knows her stuff. Perception is everything.

QVC's main aim is to shift units. Employing someone inspite of the reputation of their past employer Bid doesn't seem a problem for QVC. They'd see it as a move up the shopping TV career ladder for the applicant.

Chloe seems, from what I've seen, to be fine, better than some new-comers in their first weeks.

Jude xx

Nikki I feel the same. She keeps up with the naive new girl act though. Guess qvc don want people with high morals, provided they can sell sell sell, they dont care if they have been selling their soul on bid or engaging in well, frankly she needs to drop the act.
You seem to be implying that QVC are employing people with low morals and I find that insulting as you are talking about people you don't know.

Im saying it. Surely qvc must have been aware of the newspaper article and her tweets seing as they were quite common knowledge. I thought qvc was a family programme and cannot see why they made the decision.

Im saying it. Surely qvc must have been aware of the newspaper article and her tweets seing as they were quite common knowledge. I thought qvc was a family programme and cannot see why they made the decision.
While I'm not easily shocked, I consider myself quite sensitive about coarseness and that sort of thing. Although I haven't, I am sure, seen all of Chloe's tweets, I have seen those selected by the media to represent the gist of them. It's pretty tame stuff. Rather soft innuendo and, at worst, IMHO, a bit silly. It was some time ago, too. Is no-one allowed to move on from their mistakes any longer?

I wish QVC would bring back Paul Lavers. I actually used to tune into shows just because I knew he'd be on. He was always up for a laugh and sometimes really didn't seem to care about some things he said. I remember when he used to present the TSV's with Debbie Flint at midnight and he used to come out with some really sarcastic and funny things and they would both dissolve into laughter. It really gave QVC an edginess and a sparkle that it seems to have lost these days. He was seriously underrated. I remember the "lesbians incident" on Friendly TV which was inadvertently hilarious! He was really natural, down-to-Earth, funny and entertaining. I will never forget the time when he was selling a porcelain toilet roll holder and he said: "for only £19.99 pence you can wipe your ass with a touch of class!" and then looked as bit guilty as if someone had said some stern words in his ear. Great guy. Bring him back. He was brilliant.

While I'm not easily shocked, I consider myself quite sensitive about coarseness and that sort of thing. Although I haven't, I am sure, seen all of Chloe's tweets, I have seen those selected by the media to represent the gist of them. It's pretty tame stuff. Rather soft innuendo and, at worst, IMHO, a bit silly. It was some time ago, too. Is no-one allowed to move on from their mistakes any longer?
Totally get your point Nicky, but she did Sit Up Tv too, so working on whiter than white Q is amusing imo. The brief bit of her show I saw where she was gushing all over Glen like he was a fashion demi God I personally found rather patronising but each to their own. Like I said b4 everyone has a choice to watch & buy or not, simple as.

Yes, qvc so very often has been very prudish yet so was surprised at them choosing to go with a presenter who Sky even thought of as 'risque' in her comments. Would have thought qvc would have given her a wide berth. Just goes to show, their pompous attitude and high tone must now be being dispensed with.

Its not like she was on one of the adult channels,phone in one hand wriggling around on a bed. she sent a few silly tweets.
At least she's got a bit of personality and seems genuine, unlike some i could.mention who need to move on because they're stale and dull.

You seem to be implying that QVC are employing people with low morals and I find that insulting as you are talking about people you don't know.

Why do you find that insulting? You don't know them either. Are you insulted every time you open a newspaper and find the prime minister being slated by someone who doesn't know him? Please get real.

Last edited:
Yes she is seeimng genuine because she probably was genuinley shocked at getting the job so her enthuising, is just as she is new. Well Im not sure if she came to qvc as sky wanted to move on or not, we dont know but it was clear Sky may have thought she was 'too hot to handle' yet qvc didnt have those concerns, I find that a very curious thing.

Oh it's Betty again! Taking offence to absolutely nothing! Get off your high horse, Betty and go and flog it to Tesco so they can make a few burgers! :p I remember I once did a post enquiring why a high percentage of QVC guests were gay and she took mortal offence to that! I find middle class political correctness offensive so THERE! RAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Last edited:
Martha Stewart is a convicted fraudster,whilst they openly endorse her i don't think chloe's past would bother them.

Martha Stewart is a convicted fraudster,whilst they openly endorse her i don't think chloe's past would bother them.

Ooh I didn't know that LE. I'll refrain from mentioning Basso's antics. Blimey, seems like they'll take anyone's stuff irrespective of their allegedly dubious business affairs! (So long as there's a good profit of course) :wink:

Last edited:
yes but least they are just guest product presneters, lets be grateful for that, but Chloe is part of the presenting team, I just cant understand that Sky didnt like what she was doing, clearly they stated that, but QVc I thought, were more reserved than even Sky. Maybe she got the job because they know the numbers and maybe she was able to shift a lot of stuff over on Bid

Or maybe, just maybe, however unlikely it may seem, that she was the best candidate for the job. Maybe she came over best in the interview. Maybe her cv was very comprehensive. Maybe she tested well on camera. Maybe she's just a nice girl who had a carpeting from her previous employers and has learnt a lesson and is moving on with her career.

Maybe give her a chance to see if she's good at the job once she's settled in :)

Why do you find that insulting? You don't know them either. Are you insulted every time you open a newspaper and find the prime minister being slated by someone who doesn't know him? Please get real.
I know I didn't word my post very well, what I meant was I thought what Tristan said was insulting to Chloe. Sorry I haven't got the same way with words as you BB but it doesn't alter my opinion that Tristar is making sweeping and insulting statements about people she doesn't know she seems to be setting herself up as a modern day Mary Whitehouse.

Latest posts

Back