Ruth Langsford TSV 07/01/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't watch any wokey left wing news channels. Sorry. GBN does have left and right wing guests on to debate an issue, unlike the rest.
The legal definition of woke is to fight against injustice and discrimination. It seems as if you are against injustice and discrimination? The gutter right wing press use “woke” as an insult but it really isn’t.

Of course I'm not, why would I be ? in fact, throughout my entire 70 odd years I've always been on the side of the under-dog (I'm Libran), but with the advent of 'wokeness' there is a lack of humour and common sense - which I've seen in younger relatives who envelope themselves in self righteous indignation when challenged because the word "debate" is not in their vocabulary.

Of course I'm not, why would I be ? in fact, throughout my entire 70 odd years I've always been on the side of the under-dog (I'm Libran), but with the advent of 'wokeness' there is a lack of humour and common sense - which I've seen in younger relatives who envelope themselves in self righteous indignation when challenged because the word "debate" is not in their vocabulary.
I was referring to the misunderstanding perpetrated by gutter press about wokeness. They seem to consider it as an exaggerated form of political correctness. I agree that bureaucrats can be too cautious when managing a multi-cultural, multi-gender society which appears to be lacking in common sense. However, when you see the stream of abuse thrown at the likes of JK Rowling, who is standing up for women’s rights (biological women), I understand some caution. I am a Gemini so love a debate, being able to empathise with both sides like someone who is libra.
I agree that the younger generation seem very concerned with offending others and my daughters are great at putting me in my place!!
Anyway I believe what is the point of having a mind if you are not prepared to change it or open it? So I enjoy a good debate where I earn other views and opinions.

Latest posts

Back