Ruth Langsford TSV 12/2/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’ll admit to liking a bit (bit being operative word!) of animal print now and again but I think Ruthless clothes are so frumpy and I’m about 20 years older than her, not helped by the way she wears them.

I know from experience that if your workday clothes are fairly formal it’s had to “do casual” but she had unlimited funds to experiment and get help from stylists, proper ones not Q. I have seen photoshoots with soft makeup and hair and edgy clothes and she looked terrific so there is no excuse for this crime to fashion offering.

T shirts with round necks are so unflattering to more mature faces /necks, for both men and women..
Ooh I'd say that the opposite is true, unless you mean scoop necks in which I totally agree with you. V necks on an older woman or man give the sight of crepey decollates, sagging cleavage and white chest hair - You don't get more aging than that!

Jeez what more can she do with a jumper ?? just because its got different colour cuffs and hem. she'll describe it like its the ultimate sweater - just like her V necked last week.

I totally agree about V necks not being flattering on an older woman. They also increase the size of bust which doesn't help when you're already busty, and necklaces are hard to wear with a V neck especially with high décolletages. I much prefer a slashed neckline.

I just see Ruth in endless biker jackets, which are no way near going to meet over the bust, jeans and high heels.There is nothing remotely stylish about her and that doesn’t have to be high fashion.The range is boring and predictable, yet obviously people relate to it, but if Qurio shows those who are typical customers I am not surprised.

I just see Ruth in endless biker jackets, which are no way near going to meet over the bust, jeans and high heels.There is nothing remotely stylish about her and that doesn’t have to be high fashion.The range is boring and predictable, yet obviously people relate to it, but if Qurio shows those who are typical customers I am not surprised.
Jeans and high heels look terrible, unless they're skinny jeans and being worn by a young person ie, not the mutton dressed as lamb look. I cant stand seeing any trouser with a wider hem being worn with high heels, just looks wrong to me, as the feet look like needles sticking out. Some people can look great with skinny jeans tucked into longer boots, but baggier trousers tucked in = Farmer Giles!

I honestly cannot remember seeing Ruth do up any jacket or coat she wears on air. She continually hangs on to the edges pulling it across her bust, but never does them up. And so agree about jeans and stilletos worn by an older woman. It looks particularly dated by someone with a helmet hairstyle. It would actually 'soften' her up if she wore one of the Finery tea dresses - not the Building Society ones she flogs. She might have her 'own range' but it certainly doesn't do her any favours let alone the rest of us.

Hit the nail on the head there !!!!

Jeez what more can she do with a jumper ?? just because its got different colour cuffs and hem. she'll describe it like its the ultimate sweater - just like her V necked last week.

I totally agree about V necks not being flattering on an older woman. They also increase the size of bust which doesn't help when you're already busty, and necklaces are hard to wear with a V neck especially with high décolletages. I much prefer a slashed neckline.
I always thought V necks decreased size of bust?
It does on me (and I’m not at all well endowed so tend to avoid them as just accentuates it?)

And I usually gravitate towards a higher neck to make it look bigger - or a boat neck.

Know my mum, who is very blessed in that area, always used to like a V neck to ‘break up the boob’ - or ideally a scoop neck?

Not sure what happens with age though, as décolleté gets crepey.

It’s complicated isn’t it!!

Ruth Langsford Ottoman Stitch Colour Block Jumper
Item Number: 192026
QVC Price £54.50
Todays Special Value Price £35.94
P&P £3.95
3 Easy Pays of £11.98

Casual, cosy and stylish, this jumper from Ruth Langsford will make a versatile addition to any wardrobe. The front and full-length sleeves are a block colour with the back of the jumper, the straight ribbed hemline and the cuffs being a contrasting block colour, giving it a modern twist. A classic yet playful choice that's easy to wear, we're sure this jumper will become a daily favourite.

Comfort at every turn - made from a lustrous 100% cotton fabric with ottoman stitch detail for a soft and subtly textured finish, this jumper has a wonderful look and feel to it. This is only enhanced by its flattering length for a style you'll feel truly comfortable in day or night.

Great for spring styling - as well as being soft, the jumper is also breathable so it's perfect for seeing you through the spring months. Try styling it with jeans and trainers or trousers and boots to create a look you'll be happy to breeze out in.

Fantastic colour choice - classic monochrome, trendy neutral or bright colours that pop… it's all here for the taking! To make your wardrobe bloom with fresh spring colour, choose Candy Pink/Navy, Orange Sorbet/Navy or Cobalt/Grey. Prefer more subtle tones? Opt for chic Cafe/Grey or sleek Grey/Black.

• Relaxed fit
  • Long sleeves
  • Round neckline
  • 100% cotton
  • Machine washable at 30C - wash separately

Colour options:

• Candy Pink/Navy
  • Orange Sorbet/Navy
  • Cobalt/Grey
  • Cafe/Grey
  • Grey/Black

Garment measurements:

• Chest: XS: 94cm (37"), S: 99.1cm (39"), M: 104.1cm (41"), L: 110.5cm (43.5"), XL: 118.1cm (46.5"), 2XL: 128.3cm (50.5"), 3XL: 138.4cm (54.5")
  • Length: XS: 67.3cm (26.5"), S: 68cm (26.8"), M: 68.6cm (27"), L: 69.5cm (27.4"), XL: 70.8cm (27.9"), 2XL: 72.7cm (28.6"), 3XL: 74.9cm (29.5")

All measurements are approximate

It does on me (and I’m not at all well endowed so tend to avoid them as just accentuates it?)

And I usually gravitate towards a higher neck to make it look bigger - or a boat neck.

Know my mum, who is very blessed in that area, always used to like a V neck to ‘break up the boob’ - or ideally a scoop neck?

Yes it is. For me its the 'necklace thing' - the wrong length and it sits all wrong as it gets lost in the decollete, and too long it will flap around just below the V line. So either a higher V neck below the neck or a slash neck gives a better 'background' for necklaces.

As for crepey decollete, slap on loads of body cream, and never sit with arms folded and resting on a table - THAT'S when it looks the worst !!!

Surprised it's on EP given she was harping on recently about being in debt when she was younger and how the rise of these buy now, pay later options that most on-line retailers and stores on "the dreaded high street" offer are dangerous. She's obviously been indoctrinated to the QVC ethos that "the real world is nothing like QVC's world".

I'll hold my hand up to owning a leopard print blouse with a pussycat bow and I also have chiffon scarf - I love both of them, but you've got to be careful with animal print as you're right it can look really dated and I'd say a bit ridiculous. In my opinion it looks wrong on knitwear full stop. I think a middle aged, or older woman should wear it with caution, an accent scarf can look great - but jumpsuits, dresses, handbags and God forbid, leggings aren't gonna make you look edgy, just desparate!
I'm not for one minute saying that people of a certain age should have to wear drab colours, but looking at those jumpers, especially the bright pink/blue and the orange . It would make anyone of any age look eccentric!
I've a pure silk animal print scarf I bought in France many years ago. It isn't a tiny print and is lovely,doesn't crease and would be large enough to wear as a cover up on holiday, it's floaty not bulky.

Surprised it's on EP given she was harping on recently about being in debt when she was younger and how the rise of these buy now, pay later options that most on-line retailers and stores on "the dreaded high street" offer are dangerous. She's obviously been indoctrinated to the QVC ethos that "the real world is nothing like QVC's world".
Time is a great healer and the memory fades,plus that tax bill waits for no man or woman 🪖

I have a large bust and find "v" necks are flattering.

Latest posts

Back