Slanket

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine all arrived today too. Very happy with them...as are my cats who jumped up and started kneading straight away. Definitely the best material and design yet. Fabulous :)

Mine all arrived today too. Very happy with them...as are my cats who jumped up and started kneading straight away. Definitely the best material and design yet. Fabulous :)

Oh now you're all just making me more tempted!! I only like the pink polka dot out of the current selection. I may have to try it and put it away when not in use so it doesn't clash with my decor or my OCD tendencies, ha ha!!

I bought the pink dots for my Mum. She came over just now and I gave it to her...she was gobsmacked. Couldn't believe how soft and squishy and warm it was. Definitely number one daughter prize to me now ;-)

I am afraid I would be an accident waiting to happen with a Slanket, as I am only 5'2", and can be quite clumsy.

I am afraid I would be an accident waiting to happen with a Slanket, as I am only 5'2", and can be quite clumsy.

Same here! You don't walk around in them though do you? I just thought they were a blanket replacement. I won't be leaving the sofa in mine, if I order one. Wonder if they do petite ones? !

My mum is 5 foot and 75yrs old but she's fine. You would only be sitting or laying down with in on. What could go wrong? Ha ha trying to imagine disasters from a seated position now ;-)

Exactly...you don't walk around or do the housework in them ;-)
One size only, but it's easy to wrap around yourself.

I have a couple of slankets and wouldn't be without them now in the colder weather. Funny how my husband scoffed at mine when it first came, but one evening last year when I had been out with friends I came back and found him sound asleep wearing it on the sofa! Needless to say he scoffs no more.
Just a tip for anyone who finds it annoying when the slanket won't stay in place on your shoulders and leaves you with a cold back, I sewed a couple of press-studs on the back top edge so it fastens at the back of the neck IYKWIM, then if I need to get up from the sofa it just pulls apart easily.

The plaid is back in stock in case anyone wanted it! Am giving in and ordering 2 plaid for hubby and dad, and a purple for myself :mysmilie_14:

Has anyone got any experience of using this in a wheelchair? Just had a thought that it may be too big/long and get in the way whilst moving...mind you, I guess it would still come in handy, he'll just have to maybe take it off before moving around!

Last edited:
I am going to buy a few more too. My cats have stolen the leopard print one and I haven't got the heart to take it back off them. I think I will probably be getting everyone one for Christmas pressies too actually. I adore them - there really is nothing anywhere near as good elsewhere.

The plaid is back in stock in case anyone wanted it! Am giving in and ordering 2 plaid for hubby and dad, and a purple for myself :mysmilie_14:

Has anyone got any experience of using this in a wheelchair? Just had a thought that it may be too big/long and get in the way whilst moving...mind you, I guess it would still come in handy, he'll just have to maybe take it off before moving around!

Yes I noticed that the Plaid was back in stock. Also the Pink Leopard was finally in stock (for the first time) so I ordered mine earlier today.

Regarding the Slanket and a wheelchair... The Slanket is not supposed to be used while walking as it's very big. And because of the size I would therefore think it would not really work in a wheelchair that is in motion as such (unless you bunch it up very carefully). Though I'm sure the Slanket will be superb in a standstill wheelchair.

I am going to buy a few more too. My cats have stolen the leopard print one and I haven't got the heart to take it back off them. I think I will probably be getting everyone one for Christmas pressies too actually. I adore them - there really is nothing anywhere near as good elsewhere.

My cats have stolen every blanket and furry throw in the house. This is on top of especially bought teddy throws for them! I long for a throw with no cat hairs on it!!

Yes I noticed that the Plaid was back in stock. Also the Pink Leopard was finally in stock (for the first time) so I ordered mine earlier today.

Regarding the Slanket and a wheelchair... The Slanket is not supposed to be used while walking as it's very big. And because of the size I would therefore think it would not really work in a wheelchair that is in motion as such (unless you bunch it up very carefully). Though I'm sure the Slanket will be superb in a standstill wheelchair.

Hmm. That's what I thought. Could cause quite an accident if he doesn't remember to remove it before moving. I'll have to make sure mum is on the case!

I just called and added another two to my order for the in laws. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do it, wanted to save the postage, but they were more than happy to do it.

Can't speak from personal experience, MK, but I see 'accident waiting to happen' written all over using this in a wheelchair. Especially if you have difficulty getting up from the chair, or the slanket got caught in the wheels, or on other parts of the chair. If your foot was on the slanket when you stood up, you could trip over it. Too hazardous, imo. You probably know better than I do, MK, but I wouldn't risk it.

Can't speak from personal experience, MK, but I see 'accident waiting to happen' written all over using this in a wheelchair. Especially if you have difficulty getting up from the chair, or the slanket got caught in the wheels, or on other parts of the chair. If your foot was on the slanket when you stood up, you could trip over it. Too hazardous, imo. You probably know better than I do, MK, but I wouldn't risk it.

I agree. Am having second thoughts now. My dad is permanently in a wheelchair and can't get up without help from my mum. If I explained to him it was only for putting on when he wasn't moving, this should be enough. However, his mind seems to be declining rapidly over the last couple of weeks (MS) so I think in hindsight, it's not worth the risk. Shame really as the sleeve concept would be ideal for him. Men are so hard to buy for. Men in a wheelchair who can't do much at all are even harder! Bless him. Isn't it hard seeing your parents age? :-(

On a chirpier note, I am quite excited to be joining the Slanket gang, at last! May stick the surplus one on ebay, save my return postage.

Latest posts

Back