Beauty Bash Prize Draw

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So glad to hear you ladies had such a good time.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your fab day & freebies (& all the gossip) xx

Well its the turn of DJ and I today.
So glad to hear how it went yesterday and thank you for all the info.

An EH facial? I just gotta have one of those! But I won't get there early, we are scheduled to arrive just around when it starts I think.

Maybe AY will be there both days but not the presenters, I hope JR is there today too, Dale was on air yesterday so maybe he will be there today.

So here we go. After a lovely lunch and our "planning session". The plan was the brands we wanted samples from we would go to alone and ask for one for our friend, then the other one would do the same. This worked!!we headed to the venue about. three quarters of an hour early. We were second in the queue. Q staff brought us it a. QVC cupcake (that remind me its still in my bag) met a real q groupie in the queue she had. 6. elemis Tsv unopened in her back room and had been to other q events. I digress then Will walked past ,he said hi and was very friendly and very orange(too much fake tan)
Once in we headed to the treatment room(thanks for the tip snowstorm) I booked an Elemis massage which was relaxing gorgeous. Off to Book in BE makeover , we met Lee who couldn't have been nicer, she is tiny. Infact i'm going to list what the presenters and guests are like its easier.

AY . dressed in red with black patterned tights.Very heavily made up. She gave me advice but was quite snappy. Apparently real deal concealer is the only thing that wlll ever cover my dark circles
Andrew Gatineau. Shook my hand and couldn't have been friendlier,gave me a sample of an eye cream(notice the eyes are the problem) chatted to him for ages. Very slim and quite a cutie.
Fiona. This was the biggest surprise she is very slim and very pretty with amazing skin. She was absolutely lovely and took my phone number so she could text me when the eye cream she recommended comes into stock .
Abi ultrasun . Very nice and chatty ,she gave me a 30ml face 30 so i was happy
Michelle and Tom Alpha H. Both friendly and very knowledgeable.( there is a try me coming up in march for anyone who's interested)
Alexis .. Very very nice, i asked her if we could have a shea only TSV, sadly we're not getting one but she admitted the range on q was limited.
Keeyley Dressed in a mustard top and black skirt. Much chubbier than she looks on tv. She was ok but not particularly friendly.
Stacy YBF . Gorgeous and very bubbly. I had an old lipstick from a TSV that i love. I asked her if it was still available , she said no but took the time to write the name down and said she would bring it back in one of the kits. As i walked away from the stall i bumped into someone i thought i knew. so i said Hi how are you? Then i realised it was JR .. She is tiny height wise, dressed in a black outfit with tan boots. Yes her calves are big but she is very slim with very toned arms and a lovely face. We chatted for a bit and she was warm and friendly.
Leighton was down to earth and chatty.
Nina again chatty as i scrutinised her hands. They are gorgeous.
Heather. Nails inc. Very bubbly and smiley.
Dolly daydream Natalie. Not as tiny as she looks on tv and to be honest i didn't speak to her because i can't stand her.
Philosophy were lovely and gave some samples of Living grace.
Shavata very petite and chatty. I asked her what she thought about Revitabrow. Her answer she didn't know if it worked or not ,and then chatted about the growth cycle of an eyebrow!
Sarah Chapman was stunning. Very nice and gave me a sample of the overnight. facial.
Model wise we saw Beth, Cordellia and Debra Ann. All stunning.

Sample wise Emma hardie was the most generous 15ml morning balm ,Le 50 ml c&p with muslin cloth. i got 4!! ( our system worked) Percy and Reed gave us a shampoo and conditioner. LD petite polished,James Read Lots of tanning products,Bellapiere a blusher brush. Loads more but they were the most generous.

I'm sure i've missed loads out, but these were the main points and misskat Will report later but it was a truly fabulous afternoon.

Loving the feedback on the presenters and guests.... More please!

Well I'm settled with a large cup of tea so here we go.....

As LE Lover said we started the day with lunch & a drink at a pub nearby, had a great time and never stopped talking! Plans were put in action namely we would work as a team & aim to get 'one for a friend at a different stall' when we were going around the stalls. To be honest by the end of the day we were sampled out & the novelty was gone.

The first thing we did was head to the treatment areas where we were literally in the first few to arrive....I booked up for Shavarta eyebrow threading, BE make over & best of all a 30min facial in he Decleor pop up spa. I booked these for the end of the day so that I could sample shop first with LE Lover. I also had my hair transformed with Lulu's root lift by one of the John Frieda guys- was really impressed

Highlights of samples- 4x LE 50ml C&P complete with cloths, 25ml from Ultrasun, 15ml from Moringa Oil from lady whose name escapes me (& probably spelt wrong), a brush from bierreminerals,lots of James Reed samples. Also there were tubes n portions from Phillip Kingsley, Sarah Chapman, Philosophy...really everyone! Some folk were just giving them out...the funniest was Judith Williams where I had to work for a tiny sachet!!!

People wise.......
Mikey New CID- orange!
Will- was just walking around smiley & happy as you would expect
Shavarta- stunning & a lovely lady to chat too
Infact all the people who we the faces of the brands were lovely to talk too, they were genuinelly interested to chat to you and took time to discuss concerns etc.
Surprises were as LE Lover said.....Decelor lady is stunning & petite as is Lee from BE.

The people who made the main impression....Alexis..absolutely charming & lovely. she would have chatted for ages. Leighton was so down to earth and could not have been nicer.

My main surprise was AY...she came across completely different to how I thought. I have always supported her but I said something completely innocent about something & you could tell she wasn't impressed. I think the lady does not remember where she came from.

There were funny moments too eg hearing the QVC addicts going on abut how much hey by....one peron didn't seem to bothered when she said she probably orders 30 things A WEEK! I just cringed!

Overall it was a fantastic day & we had such a great time. On the way out we gt a goody bag but to be honest I was more than happy with what I lready had. We got a box of Gatineau samples, an opi varnish, Nails inc varnish, full size elemis handcrea, full size lulu cleanser & so much more. I walked away with the large QVC bag and 3 smaller bags brimming

And one final thing, I spoke to many of the main people & one person (who was a very good source) let slip that the tickets are not random. They said they had been advised you had to spend £5000 a year to attend.....

I'm so glad you two had such a good time, especially considering all the carp you had to put up with on the other Beauty Bash thread

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?39323-Beauty-bash-anyone-for-a-deal

Seems as if Miss Ali didn't want to be there ....

Thanks minim , it was worth all the stick lol.what was lovely was meeting Misskat, from the moment we met it was as though we'd known each other for years.

Ay didn't act as though she didn't want to be there but like a stressed host. of a party. She hardly cracked a smile and seemed irritated that us mere mortals might want to speak to her.
I've always stuck up for AY so was very disappointed. Lesley the CEO of BE was there and AY was kissing her a**e . Can you tell i've gone off her

Thanks minim , it was worth all the stick lol.what was lovely was meeting Misskat, from the moment we met it was as though we'd known each other for years.

Ay didn't act as though she didn't want to be there but like a stressed host. of a party. She hardly cracked a smile and seemed irritated that us mere mortals might want to speak to her.
I've always stuck up for AY so was very disappointed. Lesley the CEO of BE was there and AY was kissing her a**e . Can you tell i've gone off her

Do you know what, that kind of suprises me yet not at the same time, I work with someone who blows hot and cold. They are all matey when its all about them but dismissive if theyre not the centre of attention. Sad really I suppose

Well I have been invited a few times ( 4 invites, and once in the draw) - I should have been there this morning but am unwell so gave it a miss. My guest has also let me down due to work commitments.
I can hand on heart say I do not spend that much.I have checked .
I only buy a few groups of items from QVC beauty being the main one of them. ( Sarah Chapman/elemis/l'occitane /ultrasun/mally mainly) ( handbags/bedding/bit of craft in clearance/bit of kitchen stuff being the others!)
I expect there is a threshold you need to spend but it is not £5000.
So far this year not bought a thing.

Well I have been invited a few times ( 4 invites, and once in the draw) - I should have been there this morning but am unwell so gave it a miss. My guest has also let me down due to work commitments.
I can hand on heart say I do not spend that much.I have checked .
I only buy a few groups of items from QVC beauty being the main one of them. ( Sarah Chapman/elemis/l'occitane /ultrasun/mally mainly) ( handbags/bedding/bit of craft in clearance/bit of kitchen stuff being the others!)
I expect there is a threshold you need to spend but it is not £5000.
So far this year not bought a thing.

That was just what one of the owners of a big brand said

Shared the lift with Alison 2 years ago and she couldn't have been nicer.
She is the same age as me and I know I have irrational days when I feel really grumpy - hormonal I think!

That was just what one of the owners of a big brand said

Am trying to cut down this year as I have tended to overbuy - I doubt I'll get an invite next year!
I tried to leave a message to cancel on their dedicated cancellation line and the inbox was full so I couldn't leave a message , so seems that attendance will be down this year - probably due to the weather i guess.

:mysmilie_466: five grand! Well there goes my invite for next year then!

Am trying to cut down this year as I have tended to overbuy - I doubt I'll get an invite next year!
I tried to leave a message to cancel on their dedicated cancellation line and the inbox was full so I couldn't leave a message , so seems that attendance will be down this year - probably due to the weather i guess.

I was expecting it to be packed but it wasn't at all. Apart from Leighton and AY we walked straight over to the brand ambassadors without any queue

:mysmilie_466: five grand! Well there goes my invite for next year then!
Same here chuck! x Some say that you don't need to spend that much to get an invite but I only bought the best value TSV's & clearance so unlikley I'm in the hospitality section of their client list lol x.

Same here chuck! x Some say that you don't need to spend that much to get an invite but I only bought the best value TSV's & clearance so unlikley I'm in the hospitality section of their client list lol x.

And me! Where has this £5000 figure come from?

And me! Where has this £5000 figure come from?

Sorry, just seen £5000 a year in misskat's lengthy post about the day there. I am struggling to get my head around it. Does anyone actually spend more than £1000 a year on beauty items from any retailer? I think I spend a lot but I doubt it's more than £500 and not all of it at QVC.

I was expecting it to be packed but it wasn't at all. Apart from Leighton and AY we walked straight over to the brand ambassadors without any queue

I saw photo on FB y/day and didn't think it looked as busy as previous years!

Latest posts

Back