Liz Earle TSV - 06/02/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nah, Loveheart's not here today, we can do what we like, buy what we like.......woohoo! :mysmilie_697:

I never thought of mixing the Aftersun Gel with it, might try that!
I love the Aftersun Gel, is brilliant for all sorts of things, not just after sun care! I have put it on sore fingers, grazes, all sorts - it helps dull the pain & doesn't sting!

(I react quite badly to some soaps & stuff & got a nasty reaction recently from hand washing something, hands were covered in split skin, bright red & throbbing as though they'd been burnt, it definitely helped & I now keep a tube permanently in the bathroom as part of our 'first aid kit'!)

I suggest you try a fantastic product called gloves in a bottle, unlike most barrier creams etc it isn't detectable on your skin ie greasy etc but it is helpful to eliminate or minimise reactions from coming into contact with irritants.:mysmilie_82:(Not human irritants sadly, I'd pay anything for a product to reduce them.)

While you're there, remember we can all buy what we want and as much of it as we like no matter what the ST.COM Gestapo/Securitate/Keystone Cops say :mysmilie_697::mysmilie_12:

I suggest you try a fantastic product called gloves in a bottle, unlike most barrier creams etc it isn't detectable on your skin ie greasy etc but it is helpful to eliminate or minimise reactions from coming into contact with irritants.

I thank you Vampy, so.......for my next stupid question:
If I put it on before, say, handwashing something & then wash my hands after I've finished to get rid of any washing powder/liquid residue, do I put my normal hand cream on or not & can I still put my usual hand cream on at night?
Also, I presume it's safe around food if you were cooking later?

I thank you Vampy, so.......for my next stupid question:
If I put it on before, say, handwashing something & then wash my hands after I've finished to get rid of any washing powder/liquid residue, do I put my normal hand cream on or not & can I still put my usual hand cream on at night?
Also, I presume it's safe around food if you were cooking later?

Totally safe and unlike many products that make similar claims free of known irritants itself. I used it instead of hand cream, it's a nice texture but used put on hand cream at night. Not trying to duck the question but I think it's something that would depend on your circumstances as to how you would best use the lotion. It has saved me from some disasters with the soaps that have triclosan in them so all hail as far as I'm concerned :mysmilie_698:

:mysmilie_687: Vampy, sounds ideal to keep my hands from getting sore!
Is so stupid, I can put almost anything on my face but my hands seem to be nearly as sensitive as my eyes, or maybe I just keep exposing my hands to harsher ingredients or something? I dunno but it looks horrible too when they're all covered in what looks like bright red blisters or something! lol

LH is away for the day? Chris......get 10 of 'em! :mysmilie_697:

I really like it - it's thick(ish) but not overly so, sinks in incredibly quickly & is totally non-greasy, which I love as I hate greasy feeling products, so this is one of only a handful of body creams/lotions that I like to use!
You don't need much of it, I tend to warm it in my hands first & then smooth it onto my arms, legs etc., it could be a little claggy if you overdo the amount I reckon?

Hard to describe the smell, it's kind of fresh & herby, bit of a marmite smell but I think it's delightful, very clean & refreshing as well as soothing!
I think it's definitely worth trying & it does leave your skin nice & soft & you don't need to use it every day, you could alternate with a lighter body lotion & still benefit from it!
It certainly feels like a 'treat' product anyway & as AY would say, very lux-uuuuuur-ious! :)

Thanks for that KWC. I'll give it a go one day .... I've just bought 3 pots of TBS body butter so will be a way off yet. x

My TSV was delivered at 8.30 this morning - must be a record! Well done QVC on the excellent service................:mysmilie_696:

WOW!

My TSV was delivered at 8.30 this morning - must be a record! Well done QVC on the excellent service................:mysmilie_696:

Hi BL :mysmilie_348:
That is speedy delivery! Well done and :mysmilie_687: QVC!
:mysmilie_698::mysmilie_698::mysmilie_698:

Encouraging other forumites is a cardinal sin in my book I'm afraid. I will be looking out for your post saying that you have bought the TSV. (or not):mysmilie_61:

Just to let you know that I managed to FART.
:mysmilie_82:

It really was a great tsv but I decided to stick to my original plan and wait until I have nearly finished my Gayle Hayman cleasing gel before ordering a bottle of the A'Kin geranium cleanser from mypure. So many of you have raved about it that I think it deserves a try.

Goodness I feel good!

Can't wait until Sunday though so that I can treat myself to the Occitane tsv. If I like it!!! I have no Occitane products in my bathroom canbinet and I have just finished the last wafer thin slither of soap and my shower creme is running out fast so I bliddy well deserve it.

Thanks though Loveheart, your post strengthened my resolve!

:mysmilie_687:

It really was a great tsv but I decided to stick to my original plan and wait until I have nearly finished my Gayle Hayman cleasing gel before ordering a bottle of the A'Kin geranium cleanser from mypure. So many of you have raved about it that I think it deserves a try.

Goodness I feel good!

Can't wait until Sunday though so that I can treat myself to the Occitane tsv. If I like it!!! I have no Occitane products in my bathroom canbinet and I have just finished the last wafer thin slither of soap and my shower creme is running out fast so I bliddy well deserve it.

Our Loveheart - She's a bliddy marvel isn't she? :mysmilie_708:

Well done Almerinda. Nice F.A.R.Ting! :mysmilie_1714:

Goodness I feel good!

Glad to have helped Almerida. I approve of you buying the L'occitane TSV.

Our Loveheart - She's a bliddy marvel isn't she? :mysmilie_708:

Well done Almerinda. Nice F.A.R.Ting! :mysmilie_1714:
Thanks L'Akin you aren't too bad yourself either.
As much as I love LE I FARTed also. I want to try the Superskin Body Cream as I have been using the moisturiser for the last couple of weeks and it is amazing.

I like your style Shopping is fun. keep up the good work.

Glad to have helped Almerida. I approve of you buying the L'occitane TSV.

Thanks L'Akin you aren't too bad yourself either.

I like your style Shopping is fun. keep up the good work.

Are you one of those pod people? Where did you go to yesterday loveheart?? (VALM goes away to look for "concerned" smilie). x

Are you one of those pod people? Where did you go to yesterday loveheart?? (VALM goes away to look for "concerned" smilie). x

Hi Valm, I don't think I am a pod person. What is a pod person? I was in Cambridge for the weekend on a mini break. Very nice it was too. I left instructions for another farter to take over but I guess everyone was in buying frenzy while I was away. Thank you for your concern.:mysmilie_12:

Latest posts

Back