Liz Earle TSV - 06/02/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi Valm, I don't think I am a pod person. What is a pod person? I was in Cambridge for the weekend on a mini break. Very nice it was too. I left instructions for another farter to take over but I guess everyone was in buying frenzy while I was away. Thank you for your concern.:mysmilie_12:

It's a reference to the film "The Body Snatchers" - it's just with your benevolent mood towards those folks who purchased the TSV I wondered whether you had been "snatched" or had visited Stepford! Did you have a good weekend, hon? x

It's a reference to the film "The Body Snatchers" - it's just with your benevolent mood towards those folks who purchased the TSV I wondered whether you had been "snatched" or had visited Stepford! Did you have a good weekend, hon? x

I'm with you now Valm. No I haven't been taken over but as I was away there wasn't a lot of farting I could do.
However, I was previously very harsh with Almerinda and as she farted on LE I think it only fair that she can buy the L'occitane with my approval. My fellow fart Love Akin hasn't bought as much as a bean for ages so I think a little praise for her is in order and Shopping is fun is a new forum member and I don't want to frighten her away.
My weekend was lovely and cheap but that's a different story on the angry thread, reported some time ago.

My TSV was delivered this morning, my OH saw some one pass our window so went into the hallway and the courier had actually opened our front door and put the parcel in the hall!!!

My Husband wasn't very chuffed like but I didn't mind as I have my goodies to play with and don't have to wait for them to be delivered again.

I suggest you try a fantastic product called gloves in a bottle, unlike most barrier creams etc it isn't detectable on your skin ie greasy etc but it is helpful to eliminate or minimise reactions from coming into contact with irritants.:mysmilie_82:(Not human irritants sadly, I'd pay anything for a product to reduce them.

Thanks Vampy , I've tracked some down to my local chemist , I have to use alchohol gel gazillions of times a day and my hands really suffer for it , I'd been recomended GIB before but your post prompted me to go and buy some . DH has the same problem and I got him some as well :mysmilie_687:

I went to the 'do' at the London store tonight. It was very nice and I came`away with a nice goody bag and a couple of extra perfume samples. I brought up the subject of the change in C&P with a couple of the therapists and they just couldn't see why Liz needed to tell her customers about the change in ingredients,even when I brought up the fact that she constantly says she has never changed the C&P forumal and that some people have noticed a difference. The main therapist was adament that some people will react very strongly to someone in a room with some sort of nut ingested or on their person,and that they are protecting not only the users but their children etc. All the therapists said that 2 pumps of C&P are needed it you are removing a full face of makeup-and that has always been the case. I myself have heard Liz say several times that one pump is enough to remove all your makeup and to cleanse, so I think it is clear that they are all going to stick to what they believe etc. The irritating American botonist was there describing how the fragrance was developed: to me she just doesn't 'suit' the company.

It was lovely to see the treatment rooms (would love a facial/massage there if only I would afford it!)and discuss methods/problems with the therapists and I came away with some good tips I will try and really enjoyed it (along with my lovely freebies!) They plan to do more events in the future and whilst I probably wouldn't go again (it was a logistical nightmare sorting out my kids and getting there and back tonight) I would recommend it for anyone who lives close enough.

I went to the 'do' at the London store tonight. It was very nice and I came`away with a nice goody bag and a couple of extra perfume samples. I brought up the subject of the change in C&P with a couple of the therapists and they just couldn't see why Liz needed to tell her customers about the change in ingredients,even when I brought up the fact that she constantly says she has never changed the C&P forumal and that some people have noticed a difference. The main therapist was adament that some people will react very strongly to someone in a room with some sort of nut ingested or on their person,and that they are protecting not only the users but their children etc. All the therapists said that 2 pumps of C&P are needed it you are removing a full face of makeup-and that has always been the case. I myself have heard Liz say several times that one pump is enough to remove all your makeup and to cleanse, so I think it is clear that they are all going to stick to what they believe etc.

I'm someone who wasn't able to use C&P - used to make my skin react very badly (nowt to do with nuts) but as it's been acting up lately I thought s*d it and I tried a 30ml sample of it I'd got as a freebie from LE. Touch wood - the new formula seems to be perfect for me - before I'd break out in red lumps within 24 hrs of using it. Fingers crossed it continues to calm my skin! It does seem thinner/less dense in texture than I remember though. I found one dollop did take all my make-up off (inc mascara) but I like to double cleanser anyway living in the city. I remember Liz saying 1 pump was enough too - she used to do that demo with mascara/lipstick on the back of her hand didn't she?

Very glad you had a lovely time at the do and thanks for reporting back.

Great post Suzi

I have been using cleanse and polish for about 8 years now and didn't actually realise that the ingredients had changed until reading this forum. I did notice that the cream didn't remove my make-up as well as it did but thought that was due to changing my mascara!

I agreed with the change made to remove the nut product but the change should DEFINITELY be made known to customers. Hopefully Liz Earle will redress this in any future changes to ANY product.

Loving the TSV and especially like the superskin body cream. Interesting to test the fragrance after reading all the negative feedback but I actually really like it for daytime.

PS I'm definitely a one pump girl :)

Now here is my question?

Where does the milk from the almond come from?

Is it the actual nut or the tree?

If the latter I doubt it would cause allergies. I always thought it was peanuts which caused the most problems for people?

i have just finished using cleanse and polish a really good cleanser but i am now using the clarins cleanser for oily skin and the toner and there is no comparison. the clarins one wins hands down.

it really does mix in with the dirt and polutants you can actually feel the grime coming off your face.
very satisfying:mysmilie_61:

Now here is my question?

Where does the milk from the almond come from?

Is it the actual nut or the tree?

If the latter I doubt it would cause allergies. I always thought it was peanuts which caused the most problems for people?

good question - I thought it was a mixture of water and ground/pulerized almonds, like the almond milk you can drink.

I went to the 'do' at the London store tonight. It was very nice and I came`away with a nice goody bag and a couple of extra perfume samples. I brought up the subject of the change in C&P with a couple of the therapists and they just couldn't see why Liz needed to tell her customers about the change in ingredients,even when I brought up the fact that she constantly says she has never changed the C&P forumal and that some people have noticed a difference. The main therapist was adament that some people will react very strongly to someone in a room with some sort of nut ingested or on their person,and that they are protecting not only the users but their children etc. All the therapists said that 2 pumps of C&P are needed it you are removing a full face of makeup-and that has always been the case. I myself have heard Liz say several times that one pump is enough to remove all your makeup and to cleanse, so I think it is clear that they are all going to stick to what they believe etc.

:mysmilie_687: Thanks for telling us, SuziQ !
I don't understand why the therapists don't think Liz should have told us.

Is there still almond milk (amygdalus dulcis) in the gentle face exfoliator in the TSV, or have they removed it too, due to "nut allergies" ?
Liz never says that we could still be allergic to her exfoliator if we have a nut allergy !

ive been doing an experiment with my skin for a few days with c&p or rather not useing it, after reading all the comments on here about c&P.ive been useing my elemis pro raidience (i think thats what its callled) came in the tsv with gingery wash and body cream, anyway been useing that for 4 days solid to see if i noticed a difference, guess what i do, i now dont have a single red spot!ive been using c&p for about 10 years since i was a teen, lol my skins worce now than it was then, hormonal related!ive read on here several people saying that c&p gave them spots but i never really gave it much thaught untill now.i dont think its to do with the change in ingridients as i didnt notice when it first happend. cant believe it, im staying away from c&p while im waiting for my a'kin cleanser and see what happens with that.

I agree that C&P has changed for the worse. I have been lucky in never getting spots - I think my skin has always been too dry and parched to produce them LOL! When I first began using C&P a few years ago, my skin improved amazingly - soft, smooth and glowing.

Recently, I started a 200ml tube of C&P - I didn't know it was any different in formula. Firstly, I noticed that it didn't remove eye make-up as well as before, I was having to apply a bit more just around the eyes and then really rub with the cloth to get rid of it (and that can't be good for the eye area!). Secondly I got three huge spots, one after another. They were so big that I felt really conscious of them, and started hating people looking at my face. The worst thing was that after they went down, they still left a mark for ages, which is only now disapearing.

I didn't click that the C&P was to blame, but gradually stopped using it. It just didn't feel pleasurable anymore, and it certainly was not giving me the same glow.

Luckily, this prompted me to try the A'kin, as well as all the good reviews on here.

I now love A'kin, and plan to give my stockpile of C&P to my sister, as she still loves it!

Latest posts

Back