Ruth Langsford TSV 22/04/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The size 22 bust is only 10 inches bigger than the size 8. Kabler is thin so shes ok. Even Rooth is struggling with her size 12. The plus size models are like sausages squashed in a size 16. Ruth is in a size 16 bejesus its still tight on her. I bet the plus sized models are in the 16 as well. what a mess. Its a shame its a nice idea

I've been pretty clueless about what's in and out of fashion since I was in my teens/20's but I do notice the odd thing and I tend not to like them as it's usually something a bit "out there" eg ripped jeans, cold shoulder, chains, garish colours/patterns, massive oversizing. Bomber jackets however, were certainly all the rage in the mid 70's when I was at school. We all had them, boys and girls, all made from thin shiny fabric with stripes on the collars and cuffs. Most of them ended up with fag burns, as it was the age we were all experimenting with the ciggies. I can picture the boys with their bomber jackets, trousers with pleated tops and bulbous toed shoes, standing against the school wall fag in hand - teacher comes into view, hand goes straight in pocket - D'oh! I'll stick to classic clothes thank you, they're classic for a reason. Ok a bomber jacket might be a classic style, but not in that awful fabric and whilst i'm here. Sporty stripes and flowers don't go!!!!
I like bright colours. So depressing seeing everyone in blue, black and grey. I don’t believe in fashion police or trends. I wear what I like and meets the needs of my lifestyle. Wouldn’t buy Ruth’s clothing because it is made in China. I try to avoid anything made in China, very difficult but been trying for twenty years

The size 22 bust is only 10 inches bigger than the size 8. Kabler is thin so shes ok. Even Rooth is struggling with her size 12. The plus size models are like sausages squashed in a size 16. Ruth is in a size 16 bejesus its still tight on her. I bet the plus sized models are in the 16 as well. what a mess. Its a shame its a nice idea
Ruth said on the nine o’clock show she was wearing a size 16, gone up from her normal size 14 because she wanted a looser fit.

Believe it or not I've got a few positives to say about this jacket. No, I don't suddenly like it but seeing it up close and on the models it's nowhere near as bad as I initially thought. The pink palette really suited Ruth and I thought the paisley one would look great on a slim younger person if teamed up with a mid length black tight fitting teeshirt dress, flat sandals or flip flops - Yeah that's it.
On the negative, it's too pricey (even at the tsv price) knock about £20 off and I think you're in the right ballpark. The side stripe really doesn't work, especially the bright orange against the black Jackie was wearing. To me it looked like somebody had stuck some hi-vis tape down the length of the sleeves and finally they don't go with much, personally I didn't think it looked great with jeans but each to their own I guess, but imo it's very limited as to what you could wear with it without looking like a clown!

I like the style initially the pink but the black is more easily paired with items in my wardrobe. The sizes are well off. Its a jacket not a tea shirt. You would always have to go up 4 or five sizes to get a good fit.
A bit like Rooth had to do !!!!!

I really can’t see where Brenda is going with QVC. I don’t think there is any room for another sleb ‘designer’. They seem to be relying on ‘big loud fun’ personality, but she brings nothing new to the table. She is so annoying on the 30 th anniversary promo, if she opens her mouth any wider, the top of her head will fall off!
I know that she can sing. She has a beautiful, strong voice. However she can't dance. She looks very clumsy on her promo.

Ruth's TSV seems very popular. I like the ice cream colours in the pink and blue paisley print. But it's not for me. The fabric design is too busy and it's all poly. Would be sweltering to wear even on a mild day.

Does that woman ever do up a jacket ?
Nobody seems to notice that nothing fits properly 🤣
They rarely do their jackets up. It looks cooler, younger, and more trendy to have the sleeves rolled up and the zips pulled down. And yes, if they zipped them up, the zip would break.

Nice or hideous?

CC
Do not buy the bomber jacket, Candy.

i like it better when you are brutal boffy. Much more fun.

With the uncertainty/ vagueness on sizing I hear Julia’s get out clause is ‘you have always got your 60 day return’.What good is that Jules? Nearly £10 to try something on, no way.If we went into a shop and they charged you to use a fitting room everything would stay on the rails.Sometimes I order 2 sizes imagine doing that on QVC?They should take note of the reviews these costs are often mentioned.

Qvc have had the same business model for decades now. They may well have to change it if they want to keep in business. Talking about business Ruthie has a woven tote bag for £68.00 plus post. Looks like a Primark carrier bag that they have been selling to customers for £2.00. Its a similar Jute fabrication! Wow!

Some of her stuff is ok, but her prices are ridiculous! Around 30 and 40 quid for bog standard t shirts and vests? ( oh sorry, they are modal, don’t ya know) she’s heading into Marla Wynne territory now.

Qvc have had the same business model for decades now. They may well have to change it if they want to keep in business. Talking about business Ruthie has a woven tote bag for £68.00 plus post. Looks like a Primark carrier bag that they have been selling to customers for £2.00. Its a similar Jute fabrication! Wow!
I thought that bag a joke too! Wonder how many eejits will 'get theirs'

There's nothing wrong with that bag other than the ridiculous price, it's a well designed beach bag but I'd pay no more than £20 for it. Apart from the occasional monstrosity I'd say most of her collection is pretty wearable but all of it can be found elsewhere for more realistic prices. Our Ruth's not daft though is she? She's well aware of the addictive nature of tv shopping - No wonder everything she does comes in umpteen different colours, she knows there are viewers out there who'll buy the bliddy lot. Also the way she mentions customers by name on her shows with Jackie and asks for feedback and ideas this must help draw people in and keep them in, like I say, she's not daft!

I personally find all her stuff hideous. Trainers £104, the shirt £35, don't care if they're leather/ modal, hideous. And that latest TSV, well, not one fitted the models, apart from Ali, Jackie looked awful with the orange stripe monstrosity on. I don't understand how this stuff is selling out, just go to M and S, Tesco, Sainsbury's or Primark, at least their stuff is value for money.

I personally find all her stuff hideous. Trainers £104, the shirt £35, don't care if they're leather/ modal, hideous. And that latest TSV, well, not one fitted the models, apart from Ali, Jackie looked awful with the orange stripe monstrosity on. I don't understand how this stuff is selling out, just go to M and S, Tesco, Sainsbury's or Primark, at least their stuff is value for money.
I agree totally!

Happened to glimpse a bit of the TSV today. I actually mildly liked the blue paisley when it had the loafers and the lime bag with it but it's not for me. The sample Ruth had on looked two sizes too small on her and model Jade was the same, far too small. Models Ali and Maxine looked OK but the price was high for a TSV. Didn't want it, didn't buy. I'm not even going for the MB tomorrow either. I'm being good. It's not like me!

CC

Latest posts

Back