Treatments .... update.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pinkpussycat - one of my queried items was a 'majestic' emerald.

I've heard nothing since speaking to Andy in February! Think I'll email him now.

Thanks hon, I knew that someone here had mentioned emeralds. Please let me know what his response is. MTIA. Sx

I've still had no response to my two emails ppc, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Been wondering if anyone else has heard anything. I suppose it's possible he's rung while I've been away, will have to check when I get home.

Hi BB I returned my items and sent them to Andy, the refunds have been processed today. Not sure if Andy is about but things have been dealt with. So a big thanks for that.:up: Why don't you try Customer service they are very helpful. When I didn't get a reply to my e-mail (when Andy was off sick) I spoke to them and they did chase things up for me.
Hope you hear something soon.

Thanks PJ will give them a call tomorrow, see if I can find out anything.

I decided to send Andy an email, and absolutely NOTHING! Does anyone have a phone number for him please, or do I just ring the switchboard number and ask to speak to him? MTIA

I have never had a phone number for him i have always emailed him but i'm sure if you call the main CS number they will pass a message on for you.

I rang Gems today and asked to speak to Andy, I was told he was 'away from his desk' and would ring me back - guess what??? He didn't, (Mr BB was here all day) tried when I got back but got the automated press 1 for this, press 2 for that, so will have to try again tomorrow.

:mysmilie_481:Got a phone call from Andy yesterday, to confirm that I can return the padparadscha for a full refund. Although it's taken a bit of time, I'm pleased to give credit where it's due, and am grateful to Andy for sorting it out.

Hopefully, the refund will come through quickly, will let you know when it's been received.

Big :up: to Andy and Gems.

Great result Paula, I expect your Mum and Dad are relieved at the outcome too. I had a call from Andy as well yesterday about my Majestic Emerald query, he's still waiting for a response from Thailand but he phoned to let me know he was chasing it up which I really appreciated. He's a very pleasant and helpful bloke isn't he??

Great news BB, i hope Andy gets your response soon PP.
When i had all my replies to all my treatments etc my yellow diamond pendant came back as irradiated and i spoke to Andy saying it is to honey coloured looking to be treated and i'm sure it was natural so he got back onto Thailand who said the colour scale for treated yellow diamonds run into the natural coloured yellow diamonds and some can look very similar, i still wasn't convinced so Andy asked the head buyer to track back where they were bought etc and eventually it came out they were indeed natural, which i'm pleased about but a bit miffed Thailand had the wrong details on it and when asked twice they still said they were treated, but i am greatful Andy sorted the information for me 3 times lol

Great result Paula, I expect your Mum and Dad are relieved at the outcome too. I had a call from Andy as well yesterday about my Majestic Emerald query, he's still waiting for a response from Thailand but he phoned to let me know he was chasing it up which I really appreciated. He's a very pleasant and helpful bloke isn't he??

I hadn't told them about enquiring on their behalf, because I didn't want them to worry or be disappointed if it all came to nothing. When I rang my Mum yesterday to tell her, she didn't quite believe it! She was quite overwhelmed! It was their biggest purchase from Gems, and bought because they believed it to be natural Pad. and was for a special anniversary.

I'm sure once the refund has come through, they'll be looking for something to replace the ring with.

Whatever the problems with Gems lately, this has proved that they're prepared to do the right thing in the end.

Thanks to everyone for alerting me to the problems, I wouldn't have even thought about it if it hadn't been mentioned here. :up:

Great news BB, i hope Andy gets your response soon PP.
When i had all my replies to all my treatments etc my yellow diamond pendant came back as irradiated and i spoke to Andy saying it is to honey coloured looking to be treated and i'm sure it was natural so he got back onto Thailand who said the colour scale for treated yellow diamonds run into the natural coloured yellow diamonds and some can look very similar, i still wasn't convinced so Andy asked the head buyer to track back where they were bought etc and eventually it came out they were indeed natural, which i'm pleased about but a bit miffed Thailand had the wrong details on it and when asked twice they still said they were treated, but i am greatful Andy sorted the information for me 3 times lol

At least they erred on the side of caution rather than "bigging" up something that didn't deserve it. Irritating I know, but not many companies would be willing to give up this type of information. I've had a bit of lovely customer relations with them myself this afternoon, will post tomoz as a bit tired right now. xxxxxx

Thank you shopping telly members

Hi all

I have been speaking to Andy at Gems TV regarding my padparadscha jewellery I purchase quite a few years ago from the original batch (from a private collection!!) Sadly, all the items are treated and not natural.

I am about to send them back to Gems TV for a full refund including costs for resizing and postage.

Although I am disappointed, I would like to thank Andy especially for professionalism and courtesy.

Finally...... a big thank you to the members on this forum for bringing this to my attention.

Sapphireblue

Well, seems I spoke too soon, after the phone call on the 4th, no refund as yet. Has anyone else had their refund yet?

Hi BB
I received my full refund a few days after my post.
I sent a note to Andy about my Ceylon Blue Sapphires puchased 4/5 years ago. Andy said that I could have any piece of jewellery validated for peace of mind. My Sapphires were from a batch that Don Kogan at Gems TV called "precision cut" and they were not cheap!
I have not had any response or acknowledgement from Andy that he has received my email.
I was going to send a chase email or phone Gems TV after the bank holiday to confirm that my email has got through.

Sapphireblue

Well, after phoning and emailing with no luck, I was directed by Gems reception to CS, where I spoke to a very helpful man called Carl. I explained that I had heard nothing from Andy since 4th May, and there was no sign of the refund. He checked my account and said that they had been unable to transfer the money because the original card had expired. I had expressly said in my email to Andy that if that happened, could he please contact me immediately for new card details. Carl took the details and said he would personally take the print off of the details to an accounts manager and would tag my account and keep me informed.

Hopefully, in a few days I should receive notification that the refund is at last being processesed.

Andy is apparently off ill again, so if anyone else is waiting, I would suggest contacting CS and trying to speak to Carl.

Latest posts

Back