Laura Geller TSV - 30/04/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I went for it as I love the Balance and Brighten and quite fancy the look of the lipstick and eyeshadows. To be honest, I'm glad there are no brushes as I have a heap of unused brushes from other items.

oooooooooo I don't know - do I get it or not???

I like the look of the baked items, but tend to wear lip gloss rather than lipstick....

I'll sit and have a think.

i went for the fair, love the blusher and eyeshadow but not keen on the lipstick, slightly dissapointed with the price not including the mascara and brushes it could have been cheaper imo, saying that i have enough brushes and by all accounts the mascara was crap!

So the UK is not getting any brushes or the mascara in their kit?:11: Not fair compared to the US version price wise as well.

donna255, the US tsv price was just under $55. the pound has almost halved in value over the last year; QVC UK cannot afford full kits, as in the past. also a year ago, an average tsv was marked at £36-39. due to the credit crunch, this has come to under £30. if QVC have a particular pricing strategy, they also decide on the contents of the kit. it is not about fairness but affordability, i' afraid. the same has been happening with Bare Escentuals tsvs.
overall, QVC US customers get a far better deal on everything, especially the jewellery and, apart from the issue of them having better standards imo (eg gold jewellery of 14ct at least), the US market is massive compared to the UK. so loads of room to manouvre.:53:

now im really confused .... it doesn't take much!

I have always wanted a try of LG. Redt ~ the little kit you recommend 227788 doesn't have any colour choices on QVC. I haven't used halo either. I have dark hair (well grey really) and fair/light skin colour. Am I confusing 2 conversations ~ which set should I go for.

I'd try fair. I am pale and have the regular (which I got in a TSV last year - there was no colour choice then). It was fine when I got it/the palette was new, but the more I used it, the darker the colours in it got, so I cannot wear it any more as it make my face look dirty. I went for the TSV in fair ... not sure why .. I'm not keen on the blush, eyeshadow or lipstick, just wanted another BnB ...!

i have never bought any LG products...as I have kind of fallen for the mineral make-up marketing...but I like the look of this TSV! Does it stay on once applied well?

I'm struggling with what to go for...fair or regular.I got the balance and bronze in the last tsv in fair as I figured I could swirl the 2 together and it works great but I am wondering whether fair on it's own maybe too pale for me.

I am certainly not porcelain but I am not olive either,more a bit sallow with spodgy freckles!!!:D

With approaching summer(hopefully we get one lol) I will have a bit more of a tanned look too.........aaargh....I hate having to decide!

I wear fair in the winter and regular in the summer, as a bronzer is too much for my skin. I am fair to light in halo.
I think I heard Kathy say in the Morning Show that the stock was 5500. Fair is very limited (200 left) and 2/3 of regular is gone before 10am.

Last edited:
i have never bought any LG products...as I have kind of fallen for the mineral make-up marketing...but I like the look of this TSV! Does it stay on once applied well?

Yes I found it stayed on - but I use primer as well (never tried Spackle though). Also covers redness / dark circles.

I went for this last night - stayed up for the launch which is something I never do - but just wanted to get my order in ;) . Went for the fair, I can use both without problems but the fair is just that bit more understated for me.

They said this morning that 80% of the fair has gone now.

Sweetpea - maybe try the regular? I'm kind of similar to you - minus the freckles ;), and I find that if I use the regular B&B sparingly I get a nice effect, not orange - just a bit of extra colour to brighten me up - just build it up more for extra coverage (I actually tend to use the Bare Escentuals swirl, tap, buff technique with it which stops me from caking up in it!)

I have just gone for the fair !, never tried any of her products before so will be interested to see what its like !.....I thought Alison Young looked lovely at last nights lauch her hair was very nice I would love that style.

I went for it as I love the Balance and Brighten and quite fancy the look of the lipstick and eyeshadows. To be honest, I'm glad there are no brushes as I have a heap of unused brushes from other items.

I'm the same, but I went for 2 sets. :eek:
The B&B is usually £30 inc P+P so I'm getting all the "extras" for £3.
I can always sell the second set of extras on Ebay and just keep the B&B.

I've only ever used B&B from LG so I'm looking forward to trying more of her range. :1:

I wear fair in the winter and regular in the summer, as a bronzer is too much for my skin. I am fair to light in halo.
I think I heard Kathy say in the Morning Show that the stock was 5500. Fair is very limited (200 left) and 2/3 of regular is gone before 10am.

5500 doesn't seem much for a beauty TSV, especially when it's less than £30. The days when 10,000 beauty TSVs sold out seem long gone, don't they? Credit crunched?

I have both fair and regular, but the difference is minimal. It is hit and miss if you get a paler or darker BnB and I made up half my face in fair, the other half in regular and you could not see the difference according to my friend and my sister
You have to be careful not to be heavy handed, or you could end up tangoed ....
Still undecided on this TSV, I I was guaranteed a true light BnB I would go for it, but I don't want to end up with a third similar one. And can't be bothered to return and queu at the PO

i have used so many brands and ranges that i can now really appreciate the results i get from mineral makeup and LG. i've never had to reapply LG during the day, but i'm sure results may vary from individual to individual. i also use under makeup primer to enhance the staying power.
i hope that helps:1:

I have just gone for the fair !, never tried any of her products before so will be interested to see what its like !.....I thought Alison Young looked lovely at last nights lauch her hair was very nice I would love that style.

I saw Alison and thought she's going for Claire Sutton's hairstyle!:31:

5500 doesn't seem much for a beauty TSV, especially when it's less than £30. The days when 10,000 beauty TSVs sold out seem long gone, don't they? Credit crunched?

actually 4,000 kits were sold last night and AY repeatedly said that was a quarter of the whole tsv. that makes 16,000!!

Thanks for the help folks........decided to go for the regular as I have the fair half in the balance and bronze already.It's a shame we are not getting the deluxe kit but I like the collection nonetheless:1:

Latest posts

Back